Thursday, January 14, 2010

S.O.S. Haiti needs your help poster



I was touched by the recent news from Haiti, unexpected earthquake that devastated vast part of Haiti, especially it's capital Port-au-Prince. I have never been to this city, but I visited Santo Domingo in Dominican Republic on the other side of the island Hispaniola. This was in 2004, I befriended many people and artists, and heart about the Haiti, theirs struggle and political instability. Many Haitian would come for work to Dominican Republic.

With my friend Jonathan we went to Santiago, the city in the middle of DR, there we visited one of the old cigar factory. He said that majority of the workers were from Haiti. Haiti is one of the poorest countries in the world with unstable government and collapsing infrastructure. They completely are dependent on international rescue help.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment